Obvious things you took ages to notice or work out

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"
Post Reply
User avatar
Dadaist
Posts: 6159
Joined: 05 Jul 2004, 19:42
Location: on the fringes of Portobello

Obvious things you took ages to notice or work out

Post by Dadaist » 04 Mar 2007, 23:26

Having watched "Speed" enough times to know half the script, I only noticed this evening that when Keanu and his partner get their medals at the start of the film, the people they saved from the elevator are in the audience.

What "duh" moments have you had recently?

User avatar
SoupDragon
Posts: 2201
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02

Post by SoupDragon » 05 Mar 2007, 15:48

Check the washing machine before using it.
Did Clanger 1 s purple stuff yesterday not noticing Clanger 2's work shirt in there.
He's got a very fetching lilac shirt now.

Duh! Doh! :oops:

User avatar
magbagpuss
Posts: 270
Joined: 08 Mar 2004, 21:34
Location: Porty High Street / Heaven !

Post by magbagpuss » 05 Mar 2007, 21:24

put the keys for the padlock in the security bag then guess wot , padlocked the bag MUPPET :oops: :oops: :oops:

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 06 Mar 2007, 09:27

On my first and last visit to the bingo it took me ages to work out that the numbers were in sequence so I spent most of the time looking all over the card when the number was shouted. Funnily enough I didn't win a thing. :roll:
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
Sandra
Posts: 3376
Joined: 17 Nov 2003, 16:50
Location: Portobello

Post by Sandra » 06 Mar 2007, 10:54

Epykat wrote:On my first and last visit to the bingo it took me ages to work out that the numbers were in sequence so I spent most of the time looking all over the card when the number was shouted. Funnily enough I didn't win a thing. :roll:
ditto :D but I did win, eventually...

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 06 Mar 2007, 13:37

It took me more than 2000 posts to realise that clicking on the little paper icon after the name of the last to post on a thread takes you directly to the post. :oops:

User avatar
Poppy
Posts: 3483
Joined: 08 Feb 2004, 12:02

Post by Poppy » 06 Mar 2007, 15:57

Porty wrote:It took me more than 2000 posts to realise that clicking on the little paper icon after the name of the last to post on a thread takes you directly to the post. :oops:
There are so many of these 'Duh!' moments with computers, you'd need a dedicated website to list them all. You think you know a short cut then months [even years] later find out there's an even shorter short cut...... :angryfire:

User avatar
SoupDragon
Posts: 2201
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 11:02

Post by SoupDragon » 07 Mar 2007, 12:06

I'd always wondered about the redbush tea that Mma Ramotswe in The No1 Ladies Detective Agency drinks.
Been looking for it for ages!
Discovered today it's Rooibos tea! :roll: Rooibos being Afrikaans for red bush
Guess who's had Rooibos tea in the cupboard all this time?

foxy
Posts: 2055
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 09:04
Location: wherever I lay my hat

Post by foxy » 07 Mar 2007, 12:50

SoupDragon wrote:Guess who's had Rooibos tea in the cupboard all this time?
...as you do :roll:

I'm partial to Typhoo myself...they've both got an oo

foxy
Posts: 2055
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 09:04
Location: wherever I lay my hat

Post by foxy » 09 Mar 2007, 00:03

Girls...if you run out of paracetamol, emery boards, your favourite lippy, chewing gum, packets of tissues, items of feminine hygiene, gavilast and loose change for the kids...just dig out your old handbags from the bottom of the wardrobe and you'll find a veritable treasure trove 8)

User avatar
Poppy
Posts: 3483
Joined: 08 Feb 2004, 12:02

Post by Poppy » 09 Mar 2007, 00:07

I recently found two £20 notes in the back pocket of jeans I don't wear as often as I do others....! :oops: Just before I put them in the wash :shock:

User avatar
Sandra
Posts: 3376
Joined: 17 Nov 2003, 16:50
Location: Portobello

Post by Sandra » 09 Mar 2007, 01:51

Poppy wrote:I recently found two £20 notes in the back pocket of jeans I don't wear as often as I do others....! :oops: Just before I put them in the wash :shock:
You are very lucky Poppy

Mind you I have spend notes which have gone through washing machine in jeans pocket which came out just a bit sand washed :roll:

User avatar
Dadaist
Posts: 6159
Joined: 05 Jul 2004, 19:42
Location: on the fringes of Portobello

Post by Dadaist » 09 Mar 2007, 07:25

I know what you mean. You often get a distressed look when you pull out a £20.

User avatar
Poppy
Posts: 3483
Joined: 08 Feb 2004, 12:02

Post by Poppy » 09 Mar 2007, 10:01

Sandra wrote:
Poppy wrote:I recently found two £20 notes in the back pocket of jeans I don't wear as often as I do others....! :oops: Just before I put them in the wash :shock:
You are very lucky Poppy.
One part of the luckiness was that I had thought I'd got through some cash awfy fast and hit had crossed my mind that either I'd bought stuff I'd forgotten about or I'd been short changed or had it nicked or dropped it ...! So I was glad it was none of those!!

foxy
Posts: 2055
Joined: 05 Nov 2004, 09:04
Location: wherever I lay my hat

Post by foxy » 09 Mar 2007, 10:54

Dadaist wrote:I know what you mean. You often get a distressed look when you pull out a £20.
...and the occasional moth :D

User avatar
magbagpuss
Posts: 270
Joined: 08 Mar 2004, 21:34
Location: Porty High Street / Heaven !

Post by magbagpuss » 25 Mar 2007, 09:06

:oops: talking about being mislead , years ago I honestly thought that position 69 in the kama sutra was a reference to the page number , as I've said before MUPPET :oops:
whatever, am i bovvered

User avatar
bellybabe
Posts: 1662
Joined: 18 Apr 2003, 13:25
Contact:

Post by bellybabe » 26 Mar 2007, 21:36

Murder by Death was (weirdly) one of my favourite films as a kid. Watched it last week and only just figured out whodunnit...all these years I thought it was someone else. :banghead:
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!

-Lucy Van Pelt (in Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz)

Post Reply