Team Wanted

General discussion - "gossip and tittle tattle"
Post Reply
User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Team Wanted

Post by Epykat » 18 Feb 2007, 15:34

Scoop and I need to get a team together for the Porty Greenkeepers fundraiser on 16th March. Porty? Bob? Gilo? :twisted:
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
Bob Jefferson
Posts: 6212
Joined: 11 Dec 2004, 21:16
Location: Planet Porty
Contact:

Post by Bob Jefferson » 18 Feb 2007, 17:51

There is only one response to this request and I believe ecm holds the copyright, but I'm sure she won't mind if I borrow it.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha etc.
So what are they hoping to raise funds for exactly?

rapunzell
Posts: 1173
Joined: 30 Sep 2005, 12:58
Location: by the prom
Contact:

Re: Team Wanted

Post by rapunzell » 18 Feb 2007, 19:43

Epykat wrote:Scoop and I need to get a team together for the Porty Greenkeepers fundraiser on 16th March. Porty? Bob? Gilo? :twisted:
Are they like a Morris Dancing thing?

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Re: Team Wanted

Post by Porty » 18 Feb 2007, 21:20

Epykat wrote:Scoop and I need to get a team together for the Porty Greenkeepers fundraiser on 16th March. Porty? Bob? Gilo? :twisted:
Epykat wrote:
Porty wrote:...siting it in the bit of the Figgate Park that backs onto baileyfield road? Don't know if thats big enough?
You really are Eco-friendly aren't you :roll: ?
Ros Greenkeeper Sutherland wrote:... Edinburgh Evening News Friday 29th September 2006

"This included pointing out that, if St Johns had to move, the study had not considered the possibility of exchanging land between the flat area of Figgate Park at the end of Hamilton Terrace and the existing St Johns site"
Epykat, I must admit I am more than a little surprised to learn that a park lover like your good self is considering cavorting with the morally bankrupt.

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 19 Feb 2007, 09:35

I knew you two would be up for it :D . Now, can you think of a name?
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 19 Feb 2007, 10:13

Women Against New Kool Schools?

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 19 Feb 2007, 15:09

I think that might be rude?

Norfolk and Chance? (stole that from Scoop :wink: )
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 19 Feb 2007, 15:41

Rude Moi?

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 19 Feb 2007, 15:51

Porty wrote:Rude Moi?
Was that a name suggestion or an observation?
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 19 Feb 2007, 16:03

You may take it as either.

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 27 Feb 2007, 22:23

People For A Nonessential New Institute Excluding Shrubbery?
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
Bob Jefferson
Posts: 6212
Joined: 11 Dec 2004, 21:16
Location: Planet Porty
Contact:

Post by Bob Jefferson » 04 Mar 2007, 22:23

So, tell us more about this pop quiz Epykat. Is Tom Nimmo involved? What precisely is Portygreenkeepers raising funds for? Is it to pay the exorbitant fees of a QC to contest the issue of 'common good' land? Why is this pop quiz not advertised on the Portygreenkeepers website? Is it being discussed on their discussion forum at www.portygreenkeepers.org.uk/forum ? Why, when I click on the 'Register' button do I get the message 'I am sorry you may not be registered, please contact the administrators' and when I click the 'Contact Us' button I get 'The requested URL was not found on this server'? Will any of the prospective candidates for the forthcoming Council election be supporting this event? (This may inform the way I vote). How much exactly needs to be raised to pay the exorbitant fees of said QC? Are the people who are likely to attend this event aware of exactly how their money is likely to be spent?

User avatar
Scoop
Posts: 340
Joined: 02 Dec 2004, 23:16

Post by Scoop » 04 Mar 2007, 23:29

Bob Jefferson wrote:So, tell us more about this pop quiz Epykat. Is Tom Nimmo involved? What precisely is Portygreenkeepers raising funds for? Is it to pay the exorbitant fees of a QC to contest the issue of 'common good' land? Why is this pop quiz not advertised on the Portygreenkeepers website? Is it being discussed on their discussion forum at www.portygreenkeepers.org.uk/forum ? Why, when I click on the 'Register' button do I get the message 'I am sorry you may not be registered, please contact the administrators' and when I click the 'Contact Us' button I get 'The requested URL was not found on this server'? Will any of the prospective candidates for the forthcoming Council election be supporting this event? (This may inform the way I vote). How much exactly needs to be raised to pay the exorbitant fees of said QC? Are the people who are likely to attend this event aware of exactly how their money is likely to be spent?

All those questions!!! Is it a quiz? Is there a prize?

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 05 Mar 2007, 09:31

Do we care? :lol:
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

tom nimmo
Posts: 146
Joined: 13 Jan 2004, 15:13
Location: Duddingston
Contact:

Post by tom nimmo » 05 Mar 2007, 18:05

Bob Jefferson wrote:So, tell us more about this pop quiz Epykat. Is Tom Nimmo involved?
A POP QUIZ is a quiz about pop. Same sort of thing that happened for PCATS. Is Tom Nimmo involved????? If he doesn't actually know all the answers I will be very, very, very surprised. Epykat, I hope you manage to get a good team together. All together now...... They paved paradise and they put up a parking lot etc, etc, etc.
Prom cycling for all.

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 18 Mar 2007, 22:31

Despite the reservations of Bob and Porty, we did get a team together and had a good night. Thanks Tom for providing all those sport related questions which we couldn't answer along with the extremely complex rules :roll: . The sannies were lovely, the drink was cheap, the disco was great and we didn't come anywhere near winning :D . To make it fair I think Bob and Porty should organise one to raise funds for the bulldozer fuel in case the Scottish Exec don't cough up. I'm not proud - I'll go to that too.
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 19 Mar 2007, 12:27

Epykat wrote: Despite the reservations of Bob and Porty, we did get a team together and had a good night.
Excuse me!! I never thought you would not get a team. What did you call it in the end?
tom nimmo wrote:
Bob Jefferson wrote:So, tell us more about this pop quiz Epykat. Is Tom Nimmo involved?
A POP QUIZ is a quiz about pop. Same sort of thing that happened for PCATS.
Epykat wrote: Thanks Tom for providing all those sport related questions which we couldn't answer along with the extremely complex rules :roll: .
So you turned up expecting pop questions and got difficult sports ones. I’ve ceased to be amazed or even mildly surprised that PPAG events turn out to be something other than advertised. Were the prizes donated by a deceased porty philathropissed?
Last edited by Porty on 19 Mar 2007, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Maria
Posts: 4795
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 19:41
Location: Portobello
Contact:

Post by Maria » 19 Mar 2007, 12:40

Porty wrote:I’ve ceased to be amazed or even mildly surprised that PFANS events turn out to be something other than advertised.
You mean PFANS are just a front for PortyGreenkeepers? :shock: :shock:
www.porty.org.uk

User avatar
Porty
Posts: 8514
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 14:30
Location: Organic Market

Post by Porty » 19 Mar 2007, 12:41

Ouch!!! A terrible error. How very bad. I'm still bleary from the rugger.

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 19 Mar 2007, 13:46

Porty wrote:
Epykat wrote: Despite the reservations of Bob and Porty, we did get a team together and had a good night.
Excuse me!! I never thought you would not get a team. What did you call it in the end?
YPT :lol:
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

User avatar
Epykat
Posts: 3915
Joined: 04 Dec 2003, 22:35
Location: Portobello, Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by Epykat » 19 Mar 2007, 15:57

Marya wrote:
Porty wrote:I’ve ceased to be amazed or even mildly surprised that PFANS events turn out to be something other than advertised.
You mean PFANS are just a front for PortyGreenkeepers? :shock: :shock:
A Freudian slip I think :lol: :lol:
Enough of your nonsense - get back to the Play Pen!

tom nimmo
Posts: 146
Joined: 13 Jan 2004, 15:13
Location: Duddingston
Contact:

Post by tom nimmo » 20 Mar 2007, 20:37

Epykat wrote: YPT :lol:
If I had known that YPT was actually you then I would have tried to help you along a bit. Can't remember what your final score was but it was respectable. I'm glad you and your comrades enjoyed it so much.
Prom cycling for all.

Post Reply